Tuesday, January 11, 2011

One Quick Note

I am sorry for such a long post before (I will keep things shorter in the future!), but I did want to give instructions on how to comment on my blog, since I can't figure out how to make it all in English and it's rather confusing.  I will also add some more pictures that I couldn't fit in gracefully to my Santo Domingo post.

To comment, first you need a Google account (which you can do in English).  It's free and easy - go to www.gmail.com, click on the "Create an Account" button in the pale blue box to the bottom and right of the screen.  Fill in the information (feel free to use initials or nicknames).  Take note of your "login name" - it's [whatever you choose]@gmail.com.   Once you've filled everything in, click "I accept.  Create my account."

Then, next time you're on my blog and read something so fascinating you have to comment on it (which will happen often, I'm sure), look at the bottom of the post.  There will be a link that says "2 comentarios" (or whatever number of comments there are) - click on that. 

Type what you want to say into the white box that appears.  Beneath that box, text says "Comentar como:" (Comment as) and there is a drop-down menu that says "Seleccionar perfil..." (Choose profile).  Click on that drop-down menu, and then click on the option "Cuenta de Google" (Google account). 

You'll be taken to another screen.  In the blue box on the right, type in your login name and password, then the oval button to sign in.  (If you leave the box right above the oval button checked, you'll stay logged in on that computer.) 

Next, you'll be taken to a screen that has a preview of your comment and a word beneath it.  Type the letters of that word into the box below it (it's to make sure you're an actual human being instead of a spammer).  Then click the oval "Publicar un comentario" (Publish comment) button again.  It should be published!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna! I'm testing my commenting expertise. If you're reading this, I probably succeeded. Your blog is fabulous and way outdoes my blog so far. And yours also has the advantage that most likely (knowing you) it will not crap out half way through and leave the readers stranded in Athens.

    ReplyDelete